Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

April 17th OTD Open Wheel Group?

Questions and information about upcoming Open Track Days

April 17th OTD Open Wheel Group?

Postby Elise » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:34 pm

Hi all,

There has been some interest in having an open wheel group for the ope track day next Sunday. As of right now I have one entry, 2 others that have said they will be there (Marsh and Wise) and a few maybes (Devlin and Staudacher). If there are not at least 8 people ENTERED, I will not have a seperate group for you. If there are not enough people and you have a comp license, you can go out with that GREEN group, but it will be with closed wheel cars as well.

Hope you all enjoyed this sun shiney day!! See you Sunday!
Elise
Last edited by Elise on Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elise

WHRRI Member Number: 1731

Re: April 17th OTD Open Wheel Group?

Postby Chris Marsh » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:28 pm

Good to know we'll be able to get out.

Thanks!
Chris Marsh

Postby Dave Lewis » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:09 am

Open wheel with closed wheel? Only bad things can happen in my opinion. Imagine a FV behind a non racer Corvette, with a non racer Camaro behind the FV.
NOT GOOD.
Clock Tower Dave.
Dave Lewis

WHRRI Member Number: 2165

Postby Chris Marsh » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:20 pm

Dave Lewis wrote:Open wheel with closed wheel? Only bad things can happen in my opinion. Imagine a FV behind a non racer Corvette, with a non racer Camaro behind the FV.
NOT GOOD.

Dave, The blue group will be all licensed racers, in race cars; will it not?

If were just there to do some shake down laps everything will be fine, I don't think anyone will be there trying to set the course record.
Chris Marsh

Postby Elise » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:28 pm

Everyone has a choice to run or not to run. If people are uncomfortable, then I suppose they could wait until the practice day. I am trying to to accomodate everyone, however I will not make an entire seperate group for 2 cars (that is the number of entries I have right now)

Elise
Elise

WHRRI Member Number: 1731

Postby Brian » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:48 am

Chris' idea of running the handful of open cars with the licensed race drivers group could certainly work.
We'll have the Blue flags ready for whoever might need them :mrgreen:

Brian
Brian

WHRRI Member Number: 1843

Postby 2BWise » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:22 am

Dave Lewis wrote:Open wheel with closed wheel? Only bad things can happen in my opinion. Imagine a FV behind a non racer Corvette, with a non racer Camaro behind the FV.
NOT GOOD.

Even with a racer in a Camaro its an issue. My roll bar isn't even visible alongside the door of a fendered car. I already spoke with Elise. If the open wheel group doesn't materialize I will just come out for the practice day before the first May race.
2BWise

Postby Chris Marsh » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:18 pm

2BWise wrote:
NOT GOOD.

Even with a racer in a Camaro its an issue. My roll bar isn't even visible alongside the door of a fendered car. I already spoke with Elise. If the open wheel group doesn't materialize I will just come out for the practice day before the first May race.

Alongside?

OTD rules are passing only allowed with point.
Chris Marsh

Postby 2BWise » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:59 pm

But there is the very real possibility that in the Vee no one ever sees me, and ergo no point. Also makes it scary to go side by side in any corner.

Its scary enough being on track with DSRs because even some of those have difficulty seeing the Vee
2BWise

Postby Randy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:31 pm

On behalf of Dave Lewis, who's having computer problems, He felt that open wheels cars would be best off running in the comp group instead of the blue group.
Randy Shaw
#4, SM, STL & ITS
Randy

WHRRI Member Number: 2564

Next

Return to Open Track Day