Many sincere thanks ...

Official Information about WHRRI racing, straight from the BOD and Chiefs of Specialties
SeniorPBA2B

Many sincere thanks ...

Post by SeniorPBA2B »

... for all the hard work and effort so many people put in to make an event like this happen: Steve Steeb, Dick Cole, the grid workers, the tech workers and all the corner personel that made this probably the most enjoyable weekend I have had at a motorsports event in a long time.

On behalf of my partner and driver Sean Grogan and my ace crew guy Adam Lager, I would like to say a special thanks to Greg Krom, Matt Conklin, Seth Rowley, Chris Childs and Greg Anthony for their continued efforts to make us feel welcome racing in Spec Neon ... and also for the great sportsmanship of the many Spec Miata drivers we had the pleasure of racing with.

The awards ceremony was awesome! It was very cool to see Sean accept his trophies in front of his mother and father. I am sure they are very proud of their amazingly talented son, who I have had the pleasure on knowing, working and racing with for roughly nine years.

The fitting ending to the whole deal was the pearls of wisdom and congratulations offered by Joel Hershoren. He was extremely gracious in giving up his time, answering our questions and offering many suggestions as to how we can learn from our experiences and what to look forward to in the future. (Maybe someday he will stop calling our car "Mustard & Ketchup" :mrgreen: )

We can't wait for the next race in two weeks. :P

Jim Kidd
K.G. Motorsport
"The Banana" #37 SN

p.s. Also, thanks again to Mary Wentzel for her outstanding pain ointment for my aching knee. 8)
"Tough times don't last ... tough people do."
surratta
WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Re: Many sincere thanks ...

Post by surratta »

SeniorPBA2B wrote:Maybe someday he will stop calling our car "Mustard & Ketchup" :mrgreen:
don't get your hopes up.
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll
Greg Krom
WHRRI Member Number: 1314

Post by Greg Krom »

Congrats to you guys on a superb first weekend out.
Dave Lewis
WHRRI Member Number: 2165

Post by Dave Lewis »

Greg Krom wrote:Congrats to you guys on a superb first weekend out.
+1 on that. Wonder what his track background is?
Clock Tower Dave.
SeniorPBA2B

Post by SeniorPBA2B »

Sean did a lot of single speed go-karts in the Lansing area in his teens. He still plays with them from time to time, a semi-regular at Kart-2-Kart, runs open track days at Waterford, Grattan and Gingerman, etc.

He has been a force in the local autocross community the last few years with "The Grape". http://detroit-scca.org/e107/page.php?11 We figured it was time to take on another challenge so we bought "The Banana" from his cousin Andy, prepped it the current rules configuration and here we are. So far, so good. 8)

Jim
Brian
WHRRI Member Number: 1843

Post by Brian »

You guys brought your "A" game, that's for sure!

At station 5 once we were all "hey, that Neon thinks it's a Miata" ;-P

Brian
"A nation which makes great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

Thucydides, 460 B.C.
Joel Hershoren
WHRRI Member Number: 1361

Post by Joel Hershoren »

jim,,,,,,,,, It's the "condiment car " ,,, really,,, change the # to 57,, paint a green center stripe with dots of white,,, i am sure "Heinz" would "relish" the chance for sponsorship,, otherwise you might find yourself in a financial "pickle"

ok, i am done , i promise . ( looking for the icon of crossed fingers )

You guys did infact have a outstanding weekend, as did young Mr Dunn in the IT-A Crx.

the class of 2012 is showing lot's of promise.

" At station 5 once we were all "hey, that Neon thinks it's a Miata" ;-P "
NICE!

i am thinking young Mr Grogan needs to print some stickers for some of the Miata's
" Neons in the mirror are closer than they appear "
SeniorPBA2B

Post by SeniorPBA2B »

Joel Hershoren wrote:" Neons in the mirror are closer than they appear "
That's funny ... the "condiment" jokes, not so much. :lol:

Jim
finding_beans

Post by finding_beans »

It was a pleasure racing with you and Sean. Congrats on the great results! I look forward to more race weekends.
Matt
Spec Neon #??