Typical size of formula ?? entry field at Waterford Hills?

Official Information about WHRRI racing, straight from the BOD and Chiefs of Specialties
alanrhodes

Typical size of formula ?? entry field at Waterford Hills?

Post by alanrhodes »

Hello, I am looking to purchase a Formula car soon to join the fun. I will be new to wheel to wheel racing but look forward to growing my skill and hobby this year. I have been running as many as I can OTD events in a well prepared Lotus the last 4 years around the Great Lakes and feel I am ready for the next step.

I have been focused on buying a well set up FF or FC car, but also looking F1000 or DSR cars. I also hope to have a car before the driver classes start next month...... Bit of a stretch but I seen a few available.

What is a typical run group number of entries at Waterford Hills in the 4 groups I am looking at? (FF FC F1000 DSR). I am looking to reliable car but do not want to wish I had bought something different next year.

Alan

Thank you
J-Eggo3
WHRRI Member Number: 2656

Re: Typical size of formula ?? entry field at Waterford Hill

Post by J-Eggo3 »

last year the average entries according to my calculations from the race results was:
FC: 2 entries/weekend, total of 12 entries over the 6 weekends
FF: 1.5 entries/weekend, total of 9 entries
DSR: 2.83 entries/ weekend, total of 17 entries
F1000: 0 entries last year

also to consider is CFC which averaged 2 entries/ weekend, total of 12 entries

run group average of 8.33 cars/weekend
John Edgell
#14 OMS DSR
#06 Spec Neon
Former ITS #13 RX-7
swmyers

Post by swmyers »

Last year was probably the low point for the open wheel group. Because of scheduling conflicts several regular competitors missed Waterford events in favor of SCCA races elsewhere. This year's schedule looks to be better. I know of at least 4 CFC drivers who are planning on racing regularly at Waterford this year, and possibly 2 or 3 others as well. In addition, the Great Lakes FC/CFC Challenge is planning on two weekend at Waterford. The GLC will typically draw 10 to 12 FC & CFC cars to their events. So this year's car count should be up from last year.

You can find out more about the GLC from Keith Averill (248-585-9139).
alanrhodes

Post by alanrhodes »

Thank you all
I will add CFC cars to my potential purchase list (Club Formula Continental)
2BWise

Post by 2BWise »

I'll echo what Steve had to say, but also say if you manage to get into a FC or CFC definitely come join the GLC. If you want competitors to race against, regionally, the GLC weekends can't be beat. The turnouts last year were the best I've seen of any class in the region.