Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

OTD Newsletter 12 Mar 2013

Questions and information about upcoming Open Track Days

OTD Newsletter 12 Mar 2013

Postby Clutch » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:29 am

Greetings Track Day Enthusiasts!

Registration is now open for April 21st Track Day!

Costs:
  • Pre-Registered WHRRI $125.00
  • Pre-Registered Non-WHRRI $160.00
  • Day of event WHRRI $160.00
  • Day of event Non-WHRRI $200.00

You can register right now by filling out and mailing in the Registration form. The Online Registration is now active and can be found here: Waterford Hills Track Day #1 This is the first time we are using MotorsportReg.com for an OTD, so let me know if you have any feedback.

Online registration and Mail in payments must be received by April 19th. Remaining slots will be available at the higher rate on a first come first serve basis the day of the event. I plan to do a lot of advertising, so make sure you lock in your slot before the cutoff date. Once we get some experience with this track day, we will make the additional dates available.

Safety Update
Waterford's board of directors have changed the helmet requirements to meet current safety standards. A SNELL 2005 or newer helmet is the new requirement. Make sure you check the dates on your helmets before you come out this year!

Instructors
There is a new checkbox on the 2013 form for requesting an instructor. Novice drivers, please make sure you let me know if you want to take advantage of this. Currently it is optional, but we will be making it mandatory for instructors to ride along with Novice drivers having no Waterford Hills OTD experience starting with the June 23 track day. We will also begin driver confirmation for intermediate and advanced drivers coming from different tracks or programs. This could be a quick ride along, or a Corner Marshall verification. We are also changing our designations for groups from "Novice" through "Experienced" to HPDE1 -4. These changes are going to make us all safer, and bring us inline with standard programs at other tracks.

Time Attack/TIme Trial Group
This is a GO! It has been approved by the Comp board, so we are now working on Classroom training, Race format, and Rules. First meeting is coming up, so I'll let you know how this program progresses. Feedback and suggestions are welcome. Visit the Forum page and join the conversation. Time Trial/Time Attack-OTD participants thoughts

There's only a little over a month to go... get those cars checked out, and your winter modifications finished! I just got mine back from BlueCollarPerfromance; The Shelby is now a little over an inch shorter with a bit more camber! I can't wait to get it on the track!

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

OTD organizer
Waterford Hills Road Racing
4770 Waterford Road
Clarkston, MI 48346

Follow us on Twitter for latest OTD updates and tips: @WHRWOTD
http://www.WaterfordHills.com

Remember - I'm not only the organizer - I'm a participant!
Clutch

Re: OTD Newsletter 12 Mar 2013

Postby TealTuna » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:15 pm

What incentives are there for Driver's School participants?
#46 F-Prod Triumph Spitfire
Acura Integra Trackwhore
10' Mazdaspeed3 Daily Fun
TealTuna

Postby Clutch » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:17 pm

Hi TealTuna,

Could you clarify your question... are you asking if there is a package deal with the OTD and the school?
Clutch

Postby TealTuna » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:38 pm

Yes - is there a discount for those who are enrolled in the driving school? May need to use this date as a shakedown for car prior to the school. Ya know... British car...

Just saw this mentioned on the Driver's School section of the website and thought I would ask.

-Ryan

*Edit: Looks like the event is full since I see wait listed entrants. So this might not matter too much. :oops:
Acura Integra Trackwhore
TealTuna

Postby Sean r/t » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:32 pm

get on the waiting list. More than likely you should have no problems making it in. There is a substantial discount for Waterford Hills members in general at club run track days.
Sean Grogan
-#37 Yellow/Red Spec Neon
Sean r/t

Postby Clutch » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:53 pm

We are only half full at the moment. People currently on the wait list have registered without paying, or the payment has not been received yet. I'll change this tomorrow to avoid the confusion.

Thanks, Clutch.
Clutch

Postby Clutch » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:51 am

Fixed... everyone is shown as confirmed. I'm updating the payment information manually to show funds due for those registering without paying, or mailing in checks.

Thanks for the heads up guys!

Clutch
Clutch

Postby millerda » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:15 pm

What's the schedule for the day? Normal start time in the morning and first laps around 9ish?
millerda

Postby Clutch » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:40 pm

I'm working out the schedule now... I'll have the preliminary posted on April 15th.

We are not allowed to be on track until 10:00am, so plan for drivers meeting at 9:30 and track time to begin after 10:00.
Clutch

Postby TealTuna » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:23 pm

Late to respond but thanks for clearing all of that up. Still undecided if the car will be good to go had a few things come up (2years for belts goes by quick)
Acura Integra Trackwhore
TealTuna

Return to Open Track Day