Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

Retiring From F & C

A place just for our valued volunteers

Retiring From F & C

Postby tyurkunas » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:08 pm

I just wanted to take a minute to let all my friends at WHRRI know that I regrettably won't be returning to Waterford Hills this year - or in the foreseeable future.

Most of you know about the dramatic weight loss my wife and I experienced last year (me: 76 pounds and Char: 92 pounds). Our weight loss success resulted in job offers and we (both) came out of retirement and are now working for Weight Watchers, Inc. - including every Saturday. You guys know me and know that if I'm really passionate about something - I gotta' (at least try to) teach it to others.

My new job - coupled with the responsibilities associated with caring for an elderly mother - has made it impossible to continue the racing aspect of my life ... at least for now.

I am planning a Sunday afternoon visit to Waterford Hills with my son-in-law (and his 2 sons) and my son Mike (who some of you may remember from the 2005 & 2006 F&C crews) later this summer to watch the racing action. I will try to get into the paddock during lunch to see you all and to get a few hugs.

It has been an amazing 8 years and I've met so many incredible people that I won't even attempt individual good-byes here. Just know that I love you all .... will miss you all ... and hope you all stay safe ... play safe ... glove up .... and never forget to "bring something to the party".

Tom Y - The F & C Guy
tyurkunas

Re: Retiring From F & C

Postby eaolson » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:07 pm

Dude! Massive big time bummer! We will miss you, but congrats on the new and hopefully less-risky employment.

Workers are drivers who simply don't have the money. Yet.
eaolson

Postby Brian » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:23 pm

Wow Tom, what Erik said!

We all learned a LOT from you, so I expect your current "students" will do the same.

Thanks so much for sharing your insights and expertise!

Brian
Brian

WHRRI Member Number: 1843

Postby Flagger Ed » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:25 pm

Boy, didn't see that coming!

Feel free to drop by on a Sunday afternoon if you want to keep you hand in.
Flagger Ed

Postby CW Steve » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:47 am

We're going to miss seeing you on the corners as well as your guidance. Best wishes on the next chapter in your life.

Dancin' Steve
Road racing is a lot like life. Life throws you a lot of curves to master, while oval racing only has you going in circles.
CW Steve

Return to Volunteer Desk