Bench racing, smack talking, and general chit chat

more sad news

Postby jerrySr » Mon May 27, 2013 5:48 pm

Joan Voltmer passed away on saturday, may 25th....no details yet
jerrySr

WHRRI Member Number: 264

Re: more sad news

Postby Brian » Mon May 27, 2013 6:02 pm

A foundation stone in our track's history....

Brian
Brian

WHRRI Member Number: 1843

Postby Joel Hershoren » Tue May 28, 2013 8:04 am

What Brian said.

A founder.

It's possible we would not even have this club if not for the efforts of Joan Lawrence Voltmer and the like.

A bio of her efforts and history are to be posted soon, as for details on her celebration of life.
In an effort to not miss any details, or get anything wrong, i look forward to the post and and information being supplied by the family.
Joel Hershoren

WHRRI Member Number: 1361

Postby Joel Hershoren » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:31 am

as posted on Facebook by the family :

A beautiful angel has been born ... my heart is broken ... my arms are empty ... rest in peace my Momma ... I love you !!!

Joan Virginia Houlehan Lawrence Voltmer Age 82, went home to be with the Lord on May 25th, 2013. Beloved mother of Mark, Kent (Liz), and Scott Lawrence, Dawn (Joe), and Wendi Voltmer. She is survived by her brother Robert Houlehan, cousin Rosemary Trella and family, niece Trisha Signs and family, as well as, numerous “adopted” family and great friends. She was preceded in death by husband Dean Voltmer and husband Edwin Lawrence. Joan held the first female competition racing license in Michigan and was an avid race worker and fan. Her family invites friends to a Celebration of Life Memorial Service at Waterford Hills Race Track (Turn 6) on the grounds of the Oakland County Sportsmen’s Club, 4770 Waterford Road, Clarkston, MI 48346 on Friday, June 7th at 5 pm with a dinner to follow. In lieu of flowers, a donation to continue support of Waterford’s Memorial Trophies and the tracks worker fund can be made to “Waterford Hills Road Racing” (mailed c/o Wendi Voltmer 5236 Pine Knob Trail, Clarkston, MI 48346).
Joel Hershoren

WHRRI Member Number: 1361

Return to General Discussion