Waterford Hills Road Racing  Forums

FREE

Bench racing, smack talking, and general chit chat

FREE

Postby Rich Johnson » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:23 am

Obviously that was a cheap trick to remind everyone that tomorrow Saturday July 13 is the Vintage Workbee. In truth there will be free donuts so I do believe in honesty in advertising. I'm anxious to find out how many of the 247 folks that know about the workbee really attend. Even if you can only spend a couple of hours you help is appreciated.
Start time is 10:00 A.M.. See you there,
Rich Johnson
Grand PooBa of Facilities and donut provider.
Rich Johnson

WHRRI Member Number: 1981

Re: FREE

Postby Joel Hershoren » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:44 am

Quick shout of thanks to all 17 folks who showed up and worked their butts off.
Many paints cans where sacrificed . Grid, and surrounding safety lines are fresh. White line on front straight, timing line on pit road, stewards pit box, and the turn 3 cross over safety lines are all fresh as well.
Tech Building has more blue and red on it. Some flying insect nest have to be removed before completion.
Paddock bleachers are fresh white thanks to a VARAC member and his son who came to help from London Ontario to help out. Yes, that's over 2 hours of travel each way.
So if you meet Jeff Lantz and his son Ian , there will be helping at vintage as well. Say thanks for helping a club they are not even members of, Varac folks are quality.

Weeds where addressed as well. One poor fellow took all the spectator bleachers as his own project. He gets the "sweat the most award "

I will let Rich fill in the rest of the blanks.
Joel Hershoren

WHRRI Member Number: 1361

Re: FREE

Postby Joel Hershoren » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:44 am

Quick shout of thanks to all 17 folks who showed up and worked their butts off.
Many paints cans where sacrificed . Grid, and surrounding safety lines are fresh. White line on front straight, timing line on pit road, stewards pit box, and the turn 3 cross over safety lines are all fresh as well.
Tech Building has more blue and red on it. Some flying insect nests have to be removed before completion.
Paddock bleachers are fresh white thanks to a VARAC member and his son who came to help from London Ontario to help out. Yes, that's over 2 hours of travel each way.
So if you meet Jeff Lantz and his son Ian , there will be helping at vintage as well. Say thanks for helping a club they are not even members of, Varac folks are quality.

Weeds where addressed as well. One poor fellow took all the spectator bleachers as his own project. He gets the "sweat the most award "

I will let Rich fill in the rest of the blanks.
Joel Hershoren

WHRRI Member Number: 1361

Return to General Discussion