NOTE CHANGE , Format for Allan Moffat returns to Waterford Hills Sunday July 8th

Bench racing, smack talking, and general chit chat
Joel Hershoren
WHRRI Member Number: 1361

NOTE CHANGE , Format for Allan Moffat returns to Waterford Hills Sunday July 8th

Post by Joel Hershoren » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:44 am

Good day all. This has been on a long simmer ( since last year ) and all the gears finally fell into place a day ago.
Allan wished to see the states one more time, and visiting here was a primary goal.
His biggest desire is to show his son around, AND, Honor the memory of the late Peter Quenet.
Peter was instrumental in launching Allan's racing career
The original hope was to be here on a race weekend, but travel itinerary does not allow for it.
We are quickly working to create an event. Here are the initial plans.

We have secured the clubhouse from 2 pm to 6 pm.
Note there is a breakfast event ( not ours ) until 1 pm, so we cannot access until the clubhouse until 2 at the soonest.
So, we will start with a casual car show in the paddock at noon.
The clubhouse gathering will also be casual.

THE CHANGE !
No pre-sign up now for the lunch.
We originally had a banquet lunch in mind, but to be honest, it was clunky and confusing for many. My fault. SO . Simple. Car show meet and greet in the paddock from 12 to 2 pm. Clubhouse from 2 to 5. NO CHARGE or PREPAY. Autographs are fine, simply a donation to our track paving fund per your conscience. Bring a car to show. Order off the club bar menu ( cheap ) . Visit for an hour or the whole day. One of the living legends with Waterford Hills roots is here from down under. He even has the Aussie Posse in tow.

For those of you not aware of Allan,
He started out at Waterford Hills back in the mid sixties in a Lotus Cortina.
'He later moved to Australia , and had a legendary career in Aussie Touring Cars, Lemans, etc.
My bio of him does little justice, You can look online to become better informed.
To say his popularity down under rivals any american racer in the states in not an understatement ( think Petty, Earnhardt , Unsers, Foyt, you get the idea )
And it all started here.

Getting the ball rolling . Updates to follow.
Last edited by Joel Hershoren on Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brian
WHRRI Member Number: 1843

Re: Hot off the presses ! Allan Moffat returns to Waterford Hills Sunday July 8th

Post by Brian » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:59 pm

DRAT, that date falls right on the GingerMan Majors race ;-(
"A nation which makes great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

Thucydides, 460 B.C.

Joel Hershoren

Re: Hot off the presses ! Allan Moffat returns to Waterford Hills Sunday July 8th

Post by Joel Hershoren » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:01 pm

Brian,
The timeline became an instant on switch, and this was our only choice. For certain many have already lined out their calendar and we wish them the best July / August.
We can have 25 or 250, and it will be what it is.

924RACR
WHRRI Member Number: 2248

Post by 924RACR » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:35 am

Yeah, bummed to miss this, but understandable... you guys have fun!
Vaughan Scott
#77 ITB White/Blue Porsche 924
#25 P2 Hidari Firefly
http://www.vaughanscott.com

Joel Hershoren

Post by Joel Hershoren » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:26 am

Lunch registration is located here , 2 pm onwards.

Car show at 12 pm is no charge.

Allan will sign anything for a donation to the track paving fund.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/an ... ces-607099

questions call me at 248=854=7496

thekinn

Post by thekinn » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:57 pm

Not sure if I can make it, but had an idea. Maybe someone can get a couple 60th anniversary WHRRI posters signed my Mr. Moffat to be used as raffle prizes at the annual banquet?

Brian
WHRRI Member Number: 1843

Post by Brian » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:43 pm

thekinn wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:57 pm
Not sure if I can make it, but had an idea. Maybe someone can get a couple 60th anniversary WHRRI posters signed my Mr. Moffat to be used as raffle prizes at the annual banquet?
Superb idea Steve, and a great option for those who can't actually be there due to other commitments!

Cheers,
Brian
"A nation which makes great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

Thucydides, 460 B.C.

Joel Hershoren

Re: NOTE CHANGE , Format for Allan Moffat returns to Waterford Hills Sunday July 8th

Post by Joel Hershoren » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:52 pm

I think signing posters for later is a grand idea. I am sure he will feel the same.
Thanks for suggesting it.

It case anybody did not notice, see updated format of day in original post.

Bruce Race

Re: NOTE CHANGE , Format for Allan Moffat returns to Waterford Hills Sunday July 8th

Post by Bruce Race » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:46 pm

I'm out of town....Sorry to miss this.....Bruce M

Joel Hershoren

Post by Joel Hershoren » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:27 am

Bruce, no worries.
This is a very busy time of year for many folks. Racing, Vacations, what have you.
Everybody have a great weekend where ever you find yourself Weather makes it the best so far this year.

Joel Hershoren

Post by Joel Hershoren » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:32 am

A quick note of thanks to those who had schedules allowing them to attend.
Allan had a very nice visit.
We raised a little bit for the track paving fund, and they left us with many signed items to be used for silent auction / raffle later, to only go towards the track paving fund.
This visit he got to soak in things that were not as visible to him at Vintage 2015.
His greatest compliment was for everybody. He has fond memories of his beginning here. We was amazed how well the place is cared for. We likens it to only one other place he knows if. A little track down under. ( another club run track ) . To all of you over the years who have helped at work bees, the sound wall, the rebuild of the tower in 1982, build the corner structures etc, and those who give currently,, thanks from Allan

surratta
WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Post by surratta » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:40 am

+1 like
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll