Looking for Car Events to setup Race Simulators at

Bench racing, smack talking, and general chit chat
VirtualRaceways

Looking for Car Events to setup Race Simulators at

Post by VirtualRaceways » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:45 pm

Hello,

I run an 8-Player Race Simulator, pre setup and ready to race inside a trailer.
I have chosen to focus on the multi-player aspect of the race sim, to allow friends and family to all race each other.
Due to the multiple cockpits I cannot afford the commercial license for iRacing, so I am using Live For Speed, which I prefer anyway.
You can get the sim software I use at LFS.net - I do not represent them, but I do support their efforts.

I am TRYING to make money off of this thing, as it is my only income right now, so I am looking for car events that I can setup at.
Priority would go to events that will pay me to be there, corporate events, birthdays etc... However, I can setup at car shows, festivals, and track side, and sell races for $5.00 each player. I usually set it up so player get at least 10 minutes for their $5.00 - lasts longer then a hot dog or $5.00 in tokens at Dave and Busters.

I would like to setup at Waterford hills, but most of the race dates I already have events booked.

When a spectator in the stands that is new to racing, kids for example, see a car racing around the track they may compare it to their racing experience which would more than likely be something like Mario Kart, they may think racing is easy and not be that interested.
If they get a chance to TRY racing on the simulators they may walk away appreciating what it takes to keep a car going around the track at a consistent competitive speed. Yet, I have found it difficult to convince track facilities to let me setup at their events.

So.... I am looking for event ideas, referrals, contacts, etc... I will setup any place I can make money off of my trailer.

I am also looking for a place to temporarily setup and operate during the winter. (October to April)

http://www.VirtualRaceways.com

VirtualRaceways

Re: Looking for Car Events to setup Race Simulators at

Post by VirtualRaceways » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:39 pm

FlyerV3B.png