OTD with approved Lemons car

Questions and information about upcoming Open Track Days
Trooper694

OTD with approved Lemons car

Post by Trooper694 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:45 pm

I wanted to find out a couple answers regarding bring a previously-approved 24HRs of Lemons car to Waterford.

The team recently invested in a 93 Taurus SHO 5-spd car, used in Lemons racing last year. It's fully caged with a fire suppression system, upgraded brakes & clutch, etc. I've done track days @ Gingerman, M1, and Waterford previously, but my teammates and I would like to get some familiarity with the new car on track.

If anyone has not completed an OTD before, would they be allowed on track in this vehicle (does not have a seat for a passenger/instructor)?

In order to get multiple drivers thru, we'd like to put one in white and one in yellow, if that's permitted.

Thanks,

Jason

Brian
WHRRI Member Number: 1843

Re: OTD with approved Lemons car

Post by Brian » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:18 pm

Hi Jason,

Instructors are not required for first-timers, but they are of great benefit.

We've had many LeMons/Chump cars participate in our OTD's, but make sure yours has rear view mirrors and a relatively quiet exhaust system installed that includes a commercially-available muffler.

One driver in White Group and the other in Yellow should be no problem!

Brian
"A nation which makes great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

Thucydides, 460 B.C.

Trooper694

Re: OTD with approved Lemons car

Post by Trooper694 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:11 pm

Thank you for the reply.

I would definitely like to have an instructor in the car, as it's been valuable every time I've been so fortunate as to have one. I just don't know how to make it work w/only a single seat. D'oh