WHRRI/SCCA Joint Race in the Books!!!

Bench racing, smack talking, and general chit chat
BloodSweat&Gears
WHRRI Member Number: 2699

WHRRI/SCCA Joint Race in the Books!!!

Post by BloodSweat&Gears » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:30 pm

Well that was Fun!! Let me be the first to stay it was a GREAT way to bring in our 2020 season...Finally! The weather managed to hold off, which resulted in some of the best racing we have seen at Waterford in a long time. HUGE fields, fast cars, and no major incidents. We all managed to play together fairly well. Some track records were set, and congratulations to those folks!! The Paddock was full and it was nice to see so many spectators come out in these strange times. Social distancing was observed, masks on in enclosed spaces and there were a lot of elbow bumps and fist pumps. Were there hiccups, bumps, drama, and failures?? Absolutely. Will we learn from them and move on?? Absolutely. The overall feeling from the SCCA folks was they enjoyed the Joint Venture and even entertain doing it again. Now we, as a club, must decide if we felt the same and want to have a race like this again perhaps next year. I am sure the General Membership, Comp Board and BOD meetings for the next couple of months will be in deep discussions about the pros and cons.

I would like to Thank ALL the volunteers, The Chiefs of Specialties, and the hundreds of man hours that went in to making this race happen. It was not an easy task. But we came together in Waterford fashion and "got it done".

Our Race #4 August 1-2 registration is up and running on MSR. This race will feature our IT cars in a special 10 lap race for $25. "The IT Invitational" will take place Saturday right after worker break and feature ITA, ITB, ITC, IT7, and ITS crowning an overall winner as well as individual class winners.

I am proud of all the Waterford Racers who raced clean, and fast, and showed the SCCA one more time how we are the best little track in the WORLD!

Suzy Tice
DOR
Team Tice Racing @ Restorations
It's our "Blood, Sweat & Gears"
1991 VW Golf- ITB #18

Franz

Re: WHRRI/SCCA Joint Race in the Books!!!

Post by Franz » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:39 am

Great Write Up Suzy !

FULLY AGREE !

Thank You ! To ALL !

SeniorPBA2B

Post by SeniorPBA2B » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:48 am

Many thanks for all the kind words about my singing of O' Canada and the Star Spangled Banner this weekend. It was my honor and privilege to try filling Jamie Little's shoes. Hopefully she will be back with us at the next race weekend in August. 8)

Jim Kidd
#37 ITA
"Tough times don't last ... tough people do."

Racing Stuff

Post by Racing Stuff » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:01 am

If I knew Jim was going to sing, I would have come out :)
So good to hear what Suzie had to about the weekend.
Keith
Averill Racing Stuff
248-585-9139
http://www.racing-stuff.com